In order to support the UNC Department of Orthodontics and maintain the highest possible level of excellence in the department, the Orthodontic Alumni Association establishes the UNCOAA Faculty Support / Scholarship fund for that specific purpose.
The purpose of the fund: To provide funding for projects that benefit the UNC Department of Orthodontics, as determined by the department chairperson. This includes but is not limited to:
- support of departmental research projects for which other funding is not available;
- equipment to meet research, teaching and/or clinical needs;
- support of necessary social functions;
- travel to professional meetings or consultation with outside collaborators in departmental projects;
- other specific purposes as needed to maintain departmental excellence.
- scholarships for selected present or past orthodontic residents who are being trained for a potential faculty position at UNC;
- loans to assist orthodontic residents during their training as indicated for the benefit of the department.